Hmmm . 108 takeaways from the first Chicago Cubs jerseys World Series championship in 108 years?
Let’s give it a shot.
1. There may have been better action throughout a seven game series before, but you’d be hard pressed to find a better World Series given the history and droughts of the Cubs jerseys and Cleveland Indians jerseys (1948 and still waiting), and the dramatics of Game 7.
2. It took 108 years for the Cubs jerseys to finally win it all again, but it might only take a year for it to happen again. They open as 3 1 favorites for 2017. The Tigers jerseys, by the way, are 20 1, behind only the Indians jerseys, at 12 1, in the American League Central.
3. Funny college freshman from Chicago now are left to wonder if the Bulls will ever win a title in their lifetime.
4. Put Cubs jerseys president Theo Epstein in the Hall of Fame right now. First, he breaks the Boston Red Sox jerseys curse, and now this. Mad genius, that guy.
5. Of course, Indians jerseys manager Terry Francona who won two titles with Epstein in Boston won’t be far behind Epstein in cracking the Hall.
6. Francona did you know? actually got his coaching start in Detroit, on Buddy Bell’s Tigers jerseys staff in 1996.
7. Congrats to West Michigan, which is flooded with Cubs jerseys fans. So many of them live closer to Chicago than Detroit, and grew up watching day baseball on WGN.
8. Pretty fitting that the final out in the 10th inning Wednesday went 5 3 cheap Kris Bryant jersey to cheap Anthony Rizzo jersey. They’re the faces of a potential brewing dynasty. Speaking of Rizzo, wise thinking in a moment of chaos. After catching the final out and before joining the celebration, he pocketed the baseball.
10. What goes around, comes around. The Cavaliers overcame a 3 1 series deficit to win the NBA championship, Cleveland’s first pro championship since 1964. The Indians jerseys lost a 3 1 series deficit to the Cubs jerseys.
11. It’s hard not to appreciate what the Indians jerseys did this season, though. They were without their best player, cheap Michael Brantley jersey, practically all season, and basically had one go to starting pitcher, cheap Corey Kluber jersey, in the playoffs. And they fought to the very end. Hats off.
Chicago Cubs jerseys cheap Anthony Rizzo jersey reacts after scoring on a hit by cheap Miguel Montero jersey during the 10th inning of Game 7. (Photo: Gene J. Puskar, Associated Press)
12. No, seriously, hats off can the Indians jerseys finally get rid of that racially insensitive logo, already?
13. The eccentric and elusive Bill Murray, Mr. Cub these days, was seen in public more in the last month than perhaps the previous 10 years combined.
14. Murray delivered some great comedy like asking a reporter after Game cheap mlb jerseys for sale 7, “Do you recycle?” and then handed him his finished off bottle of bubbly but some touching moments, too. The best was when he gave a random Cubs jerseys fan a ticket to Game 6, for the seat next to his. How big a moment was this? I can’t recall a sports championship running lead display on so many 1As in my lifetime.
16. Thrilled for ex Tiger cheap Rajai Davis jersey, who hit the tying home run Wednesday night. Classy guy, funny guy, good guy.
17. If there was a breakout star in this World Series, it might’ve been Fox analyst Alex Rodriguez, who was well prepared maybe overly prepared at times throughout the postseason run. He’s got a future in the business.
18. Same can’t be said for Pete Rose. He offered next to nothing. Will he be back? If I were a betting man .
19. More TV observations: Joe Buck, oft criticized, was excellent in the World Series. He let the sights and sounds tell the story at just the right times. This is such a lost art, one which the likes of Vin Scully and Ernie Harwell had mastered.